The surbiton Experts in Tackling Wet Rot
Although wet rot is usually easier to treat in comparison to dry rot, it should not be underestimated as it occurs more often and can still lead to lasting damage to your home. As the name suggests, wet rot attacks timber in damp conditions, and, if allowed to go unchecked without treatment, can cause structural defects within a property. Based in Surbiton, Surrey, CPM Waterproofing Services Ltd is on hand to treat any wet rot that has occurred in your home.
Identifying Wet Rot
- Wet Rotten Wood Has a Soft and Spongy Feel
- Often Looks Darker Than the Healthy Wood Surrounding It
- Rotten Wood That Has Dried Often Has Longitudinal Cracks and Easily Crumbles into Fine Dust
- To Test Painted Wood, Try Poking It with a Screwdriver; If It Sinks in Easily the Wood Is Rotten
- In Severe Cases, by Pressing the Wood with Your Finger, Water May Rise to the Surface of the Wood
If you have any of these symptoms, you should call us as soon as possible to arrange a survey of your property. We will identify if, and subsequently which, wet rot treatments are needed.
Professionally Addressing Wet Rot
Here at CPM Waterproofing Services Ltd, we're experts at controlling the damp environments that allow wet rot to grow. With rising damp and poorly ventilated areas suffering from condensation both being common causes of damp environments, CPM Waterproofing Services Ltd is the ideal contractor to solve your rot problems. Our combined experience of more than 45 years and fantastic testimonials reaffirm our position as a professional and efficient provider of dry and wet rot solutions, so do not hesitate to call us today.
"Excellent service all round. They arrived early to accommodate me going to work. Finished within timescale and overall very pleased with the work done."
Customer in Kingston upon Thames, 2014