Effective Dry Rot Solutions Carried out in surbiton
Unless properly treated, dry rot can cause serious damage to your home. This is because dry rot spores are ubiquitous, with no environment being free of them, thus allowing the rot to grow on, feed off, and destroy the timbers in your property. The damage caused may even lead to your property suffering from structural problems. At CPM Waterproofing Services Ltd, in Surbiton, Surrey, we conduct the dry rot treatments and solutions necessary to protect your home.
The longer you leave a dry rot problem, the worse it becomes and the more expensive it is to repair. You can use our guide below to diagnose a dry rot problem or call us today for a professional survey.
A Quick Guide to Dry Rot
- Wood Shrinking and Darkening in Colour with Cracks Appearing in a Brittle Cuboidal Manner
- Active Dry Rot Will Produce a Musty, Damp Odour
- Soft, Fleshy Pancake or Bracket Fruiting Bodies That Are Orange or Red in Colour
- Rust Red-Coloured Spore Dust, Often Seen around the Fruiting Bodies
- Often the Wood Affected Is Easily Broken and Crumbles in Your Hand
- Strands Which Have Developed in the Dry Rot Mycelium - These Will Be Brittle and Typically Have Pores
Carrying out the Treatment
Dry rot has multiple different lifecycle stages, it's important to identify the level of dry rot treatment needed. Once we have identified this, a typical dry rot treatment will consist of a unique, low-odour, micro-emulsion preservative fluid being applied to the affected and surrounding areas. This helps reduce the risk of the dry rot spreading after the treatment.
The Dry Rot Experts
With combined experience of more than 45 years, we’re confident that we will be able to correctly diagnose and treat your dry rot problem. So much so that we offer an insurance-backed guarantee on all of the work we carry out. Remember, dry rot can quickly take over the timbers in your home, so it's important to act now if you suspect your property may require dry rot treatment.
"Really good. Tidied up everything. Very polite."
Customer in Sutton, London